Tuesday, March 15, 2005
So, I seem to have made it over the wall, at least for now. I did 1,397 words on Chapter Three of Daughter of Hounds yesterday, which finally got me through the section of the book that's had me sitting on pause (or paws) since about February 24th. Hopefully, it will continue to move forward today.
Also, yesterday evening, just before dinner, I completed my 300th data unit for Seti@Home. That makes 300 units since Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, a total of 1.060 years CPU time I've given to the project. It's something I'm glad I've been able to do, and I'm pleased to have contributed so much time, because, though I recognize it as a very long shot, I believe SETI to be an extremely important experiment. I'll be taking a break from SETI, having reached the goal I set for myself almost two years ago and thinking I should give the iBook a rest now. I strongly encourage others to take part.
Okay, it's a short entry, I know, but the timer's ticking and the words are waiting for me. Please have a look at our current eBay auctions. Thanks!